Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ronnie Did It With Style!


Today, with my head in the clear after recovering from yesterday's hangover (my, how we think we leave such childish things behind with every succeeding decade, and how wrong we are!), I read this wonderful article. It's about all the colorful characters running for California governor. Several times, it mentions that so many people think California is "ungovernable."

Well, I'll tell you what. Ronnie governed the heck out of this state! By the time we left California, everyone here was just thrilled with the job that Ronnie did. I know my Hollywood friends today still talk about what a wonderful Governor Ronnie was. Why, my dear friend Isaac Hayes used to say, before he died, "Nancy, your Ronnie was the best Governor I ever saw." And my dear friend Redd Foxx, before he died, used to say, "Nancy, you know who knew how to govern? Ronnie knew how to govern. He was just a great governor." And then my dear friend Esther Rolle of television's Good Times once said to me, "Nancy, honey -- Ronnie was the best governor." That was before she died.

If I had to guess who is going to be the next Governor based on the article, I would go with Gavin Newsom. Let's be honest -- sex appeal can be pretty useful in politics! Thank heavens Ronnie was so competent -- it would be terrifying if someone with so much sex appeal didn't have the competence to back it up! (arah-SA alin-PA!!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment